Pursue the Road to a Faster Recovery
Get back to life sooner!
A bad fall. Broken bone. Surgery. Pain issues. Chronic health condition. Sudden health event. Sometimes we just need a little extra help recuperating before we’re ready to return home. Moravian Manor Communities specializes in rehabilitation and post-acute care that accelerates recovery so you can return home to your routine quickly and confidently.
Referrals: Moravian Manor Communities’ rehab program welcomes adults of all ages. We accept referrals from physicians, physician assistants, and certified nurse practitioners. If you are interested in becoming a patient, please discuss your concerns with your doctor who can prescribe an evaluation. All therapy services require a doctor’s order.
Specializing in Orthopedic & Medical Rehabilitation
Through our partner, Flagship Rehabilitation…a family owned and therapist operated company founded in 2001, we deliver person-centered care, innovative solutions, and exceptional care for orthopedic and medical rehabilitation patients.
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation may be recommended as part of your recovery program after surgery, illness, other trauma, or an acute medical event. This form of physical therapy may correct musculoskeletal (muscles, bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, cartilage) limitations and alleviate pain, helping patients gain mobility and strength.
- Medical Rehabilitation helps restore strength, stability and function for patients who have been impacted by an acute medical condition or a hospitalization. This form of rehabilitation can help patients recover from heart attack or heart surgery; COPD and pneumonia; bad falls and fractured bones; stroke/CVA and TIA; Parkinson’s disease and multiple sclerosis; traumatic brain injury and subdural hematoma; urinary tract infection; and other conditions.
- Private and companion rooms
- Bed, dresser, nightstand, and chair provided
- Safety-equipped bathroom, some with zero-entry walk-in tiled European shower
- Cable, telephone, and wireless Internet access
- Emergency call system linked to a nurses’ station
- Country kitchen serving three freshly cooked meals a day, served restaurant style with accommodations for special dietary needs
- Lounges for visiting with family and friends
Why Rehab with us?
Rehabilitation Services at Moravian Manor Communities include comprehensive, individualized therapy programs, designed and delivered by certified professionals, using the best physical, speech and occupational rehabilitation practices. We focus on maximizing independence for patients, whether they need short-term or extended rehabilitation therapy.
Specialized Services & Therapeutic Modalities
- Electrical stimulation
- Light therapy
- LSVT Loud®
- Myofascial Release
- NOVUS Pain Management
- Vital Stim
Types of Rehabilitative Therapy
- Physical Therapy – Our Physical Therapy is specifically designed to help individuals return to a previous level of activity. Therapy focuses on improving movement, strength, balance, and functional ability as well as reducing pain. Examples of conditions that may require PT: post-surgical joint replacement, knee ligament injury, lymphedema management, osteoporosis, broken bones, stroke, and sciatica.
- Occupational Therapy – We take a holistic approach to occupational therapy, focusing on restoring a patient’s ability to perform necessary daily activities and tasks. Therapy may include improving fine motor skills, restoring balance, or teaching the use of adaptive equipment to increase functional ability. Examples of conditions that may require OT: arthritis, low vision post-surgical joint replacement, brain injury, burns, heart attack, stroke.
- Speech Therapy – Speech therapy addresses difficulties with communicating and/or swallowing by restoring prior skills and/or teaching new techniques. Therapy may utilize Vital Stim, which targets the muscles used for swallowing. Our Speech-Language Pathologists also are certified in LSVT Loud® treatment for patients with Parkinson’s disease. Examples of conditions that may require ST: dysphagia, brain injury, stroke, hearing impairment, Parkinson’s disease, ALS, MS