From Tansy Rodgers, FNTP (Functional Nutritional Therapy Practitioner), Health and Lifestyle Coach, Personal Trainer, Fitness Instructor, and Physical Therapist Assistant
With the holidays right around the corner and the season of gratitude upon us, this is the perfect time to practice more gratitude in your daily life!
Feeling grateful is not just an emotion — it is a way of being that can bring you health and abundance.
To truly start to live a life of more joy and happiness, you have to change your inner being—your emotions and ways of thinking that govern how you will respond and react in your everyday life. This is all about influencing your energy.
What Is Energy?
Energy is everything — literally everything. Whether it be a human, plant, chair, or thought, everything in our existence is part of an interconnected web of electromagnetic vibrational frequencies. Some people refer to this as a “life force” or a “soul.”
It is the energy of you that makes you vibrate. These vibrations are the oscillating movement of atoms and particles that you are made up. Even solid objects like tables are actually made up of microscopic vibrating atoms that receive, store, and emit energy.
All humans and objects have an energy field that has its own vibrational frequency, or how fast those atoms and particles are oscillating and vibrating. This is measured in hertz (Hz) units. If an atom is vibrating at a faster rate, it would be considered higher frequency. One that vibrates slower is considered lower frequency. Understanding the difference is important to understanding how they interact and how that affects your health.
According to work done by Bruce Tainio, a researcher from Tainio Technology, a normal healthy body resonates at a natural frequency of 62-75 MHz. When your frequency drops to 58 MHz the disease process has more ability to take hold. The higher frequency we can get, the better.
Gratitude vibrates at 540 MHz. Being grateful falls on the same level as love — it is one of the highest vibrational frequencies you can be at. The more time you can spend in gratitude and love, the more your body’s frequency raises and the healthier your body becomes. You also have more energy, happiness, and fulfillment.
20 Ways to Practice More Gratitude
1. Help someone in need
2. Create a gratitude board
3. Journal your gratitude
4. Read books on being more grateful
5. Place a gratitude-provoking card in plain sight so you see it everyday
6. Pick an inspiring object and keep it near you at all times to remind you to be more grateful
7. Find the value, meaning, and purpose in ALL outcomes
8. Thank your body for all it’s hard work with a hot bath or a massage
9. Send notes, cards, and letters of gratitude
10. Appreciate your body by dancing and moving to music or whatever makes you happy
11. Give a gift just because
12. Say thanks with a random act of kindness
13. Before bed, give gratitude by saying one thing you were grateful for that day
14. Send a prayer of thanks to people who inspire you
15. Give gratitude and thanks for your meal
16. Make a gratitude garland, tree, or jar
17. Say and write gratitude affirmations daily
18. Acknowledge and give thanks for how amazing you are
19. Start each day with a prayer of thanks
20. Pick one thing you are grateful for and 5 reasons why you are grateful for it